Looking for a Pet-Friendly Patio Near You?
Denver and Boulder have a variety of options where dogs are welcome, from local breweries to great taco joints and coffee shops. So, whether you're hanging out with friends, or just your best furry friend, a sunny pet-friendly patio will make any day better. The two of you may even make new friends, two and four-legged alike.
And before you go, here are a few tips to make sure the dining al fresco experience is pleasant for the both of you:
- Know your dog. While a pet-friendly patio may sound like a great idea, don't go if one of your dog's favorite pastimes is barking or nipping at other dogs or people!
- Feed your dog before you go. A full belly may not stop them from begging, but it may prevent them from trying to steal a burger off your plate.
- Take them for a walk or to the dog park. Another great strategy is to tucker them out with a long walk or an hour of chasing their friends around at a dog park.
- Be prepared. It's always a good idea to bring your own water bowl, along with a chew toy, treats or another distraction to keep your dog from getting restless.
- Keep everyone safe. Once you arrive, keep them on a leash and have them sit under your table so nobody trips over them or steps on their tail. Ouch!
Sit & Stay a While in Denver, Boulder and Beyond
Finally, here’s your guide to Denver and Boulder restaurants, breweries and more that welcome pets on their patio. Just be sure to call ahead to double-check as policies can change.
PET-FRIENDLY PATIOS IN DENVER
Birdcall, Curtis Park & University
Call to Arms Brewing, Berkeley
GB Fish & Chips, Edgewater
Homegrown Tap & Dough, Wash Park
Improper City, RiNo
Just BE Kitchen, Highland
Liks Ice Cream, Cheesman Park
Lowry Beer Garden, Lowry
Lowdown Brewery + Kitchen, Cap Hill
Odyssey Beerwerks, Arvada
Ratio Beerworks, Five Points
Stella’s Gourmet Coffee, Platt Park
The Watering Bowl, Virginia Vale
Uno Mas Taqueria, Alamo Placita
PET-FRIENDLY PATIOS IN DENVER'S SUBURBS
Harley’s Hot Dog Revolution
Farmhouse at Breckenridge Brewery
Dirt Coffee Bar
Piggin’ Out Smokehouse
Green Mountain Beer Company
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
New Day Cafe
Resolute Brewing Company
Two Penguins Tap and Grill
Chocklo Latin American Street Food
Urban Egg, DTC
New Terrain Brewing, Golden
Max Taps, Highlands Ranch
Crush Wine Bar, Castle Rock
Danielle’s Scratch Kitchen, Castle Rock
PET-FRIENDLY PATIOS IN BOULDER & NORTHERN CITIES
T/ACO an Urban Taqueria
Half Fast Subs
River and Woods
Next Door (and Longmont)
Red Frog Coffee
West Side Tavern
Romero’s K9 Club & Tap House
Front Range Brewing
Morning Glory Cafe
12 Degree Brewing
Crystal Springs Brewing
Birdhouse (Call Ahead)